Plan to have fun, run and race hard and most important, practice the CDC social distancing and safety guidelines.
We will start slow and six feet apart to maintain social distancing. No need to worry about getting to the front of the pack! Your start time begins as you cross the start line.
When waiting to begin your race, participants are asked to maintain, and adhere to, the CDC social distancing guidelines. The start area has plenty of space for participants to stretch and wait until their corral is ready to line up.
When you have finished your race, you can find your results on raceday.enmotive.com.
Wearing a face mask is not a race requirement and will not be enforced BUT face masks are recommended in areas where participants are within 6’ of each other such as the participant staging areas and corrals.
Spectators are encouraged to adhere to the CDC social distancing guidelines and will not be allowed to congregate in the start and finish line areas.
To ensure the safety of all participants, we are asking everyone to adhere to the following requirements:
- Participants must carry their own water. No water stops will be provided.
- Participants must follow all CDC social distancing guidelines.
- Participants must be in good health and symptom free from any illness for at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
- On course participants must maintain social distancing at all times. This means participants must maintain six feet in front, behind and on either side of other participants.
- After crossing the finish line, participants are encouraged to not congregate at the finish line and to check their results at home or on their mobile device once they are at their vehicle. Spectators are not allowed in the finish line area.
- Failure to comply with any of these requirements will result in immediate disqualification.
Results questions can be sent to the timing staff : firstname.lastname@example.org
The race will be limited to 300 total participants.
We know this is not like a typical event, but these are not typical times. Hopefully by continuing the practice of social distancing and abiding by a few rules, we will move closer to normal race experiences.
The 2020 Happy Camper Run will be the 4th annual event. Funds raised during the Happy Camper Run support Royal Family Kids' Camp and Teen Reach Adventure Camp. These camps provide help, hope, and healing to foster children from the hard realities of their life. It gives opportunities to learn new skills, all while having fun.
START TIME AND LOCATION
2601 SE 24th Ave
Norman, OK 73071
Sanctioned and Certified Course: OK18016DG
Saturday, June 13th, 2020
8:00am - 5K
9:00am - 1 Mile Fun Run
2201 W Main St.
Friday, June 12, 2020 from 11am-6pm
Race Day Packet Pickup 7am - 7:45am
SWAG AND AWARDS
All participant will receive a Happy Camper buff
Finishers medals for all 5K participants!
The Top Male and Female Athlete in the following age groups: 1-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & over, will receive an age group award.
VIRTUAL EVENT OPTION
HOW IT WORKS:
Race Director: Trey Roberts