A2A ARBUCKLES TO ARDMORE RACE FOR MERCY
The uniquely beautiful Marathon point-to-point course begins at the historic Turner Falls Overlook in the Arbuckle Mountains. Rolling hills wind downhill, intercepting the Half Marathon course beginning at the Murray Co./Carter Co. line. The courses continue downhill together through the scenic countryside of the foothills until the Marathoners turn east for an out-and-back leg through the award-winning Bar Nothin’ Horse Ranch near Springer. Marathoners return to Hwy 77 to re-join the Half Marathoners for the straight stretch into Ardmore, enjoying an overall elevation drop of 538 ft. over the first 15.5 miles of the course. Shallow rolling hills lead back into Ardmore until runners turn west at mile 20 for a final out-and-back to the lake inside beautiful Ardmore Regional Park. Save a little energy during the downhill early on 'cause the gently rolling terrain in the park will feel like mountains at that point in the race. However, your efforts will be richly rewarded as you finish to the cheers of fans at the 50 yard-line inside nearby Noble Stadium.
Learn more about A2A HERE
VOLUNTEERS: WE NEED YOU
Being a volunteer for the A2A is a thrilling and rewarding experience! Volunteering places you squarely in the middle of the participants, allowing you to witness firsthand the roller-coaster of emotions felt by the runners as they fulfill goals they have worked toward for months. As a team member, you will be intensely rewarded for your part in the success of this community venue and you will be blessed with the overwhelming satisfaction of working hard for the fight against cancer.
Volunteer "in memory of" or "in honor of" someone – just DO it! YOUR hard work is what it will take to ensure that the A2A will continue to be a community success and a valuable contributor for the success of Mercy Cancer Center in Ardmore.Pre-Race Opportunities:
• Sponsorship – To contact area businesses and individuals regarding sponsorship opportunities
• Packet assembly – To assemble runners' information packets
• Registration & Packet Pick Up – To assist during race registration and packet pick up at Convention Center
• Trash Pick Up – To assist with trash pick up along race course
• Stadium Crew – To assist with staging, tear-down and clean up of race sites
• Registration at Stadium – To assist during race registration and packet pick up at Noble Stadium
• Water/Aid Stations – To assist with serving water and/or sport drink to runners along course
• Medical Support – For trained medical professionals to provide assistance if necessary
• Gear Check – To collect and transport bags of runners' clothing, etc. from start lines to stadium
• Spirit Groups – For bands, drill teams, cheer leaders, civic clubs, etc. to provide spirit and cheering along course
• Communications – For licensed ham radio operators to provide communication along course
• Safety Patrol – For cyclists to patrol race route to provide assistance if necessary
• Course Marshalling – To direct runners along race course
• Parking – To direct vehicles to proper parking areas at Noble Stadium
• Awards and Finish Line – To assist with presentation of medals, etc. at finish line
• After-race Refreshments – To stage and serve refreshments to runners at finish line
• Kid's Fun Run – To assist with kids event on Sunday afternoon at Noble Stadium
Volunteers MUST register online to provide each committee chairperson with the names, shirt size and contact information for everyone in their group.
Click HERE to Volunteer!